Amicale Application Private Limited (“Delta”) asks for User’s personal information such as email, name, age, address, sex, phone number, demographic location preference, card details, payment details, personality facets, interests and the likes when the User registers with www.thedeltaapp.com (“App” or “Site”).
This information is readily available on the App and only viewable by the User on logging into the account. The User at all times has the option not to provide this information without agreeing to register with Delta.
All information collected at the App to become a Registered User is obtained purely for providing the Services (please review the Terms and Conditions) and to improve the quality of your experience from the Services.
The User information collected at the App is of two categories, Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (NPII). PII of the User can be specifically used to identify the User as an individual whereas, the NPII does not identify the User individually. Specifically, Delta uses the information collected at the App for providing high quality Services, networking platform, and suggesting and recommending like-minded users best suited for the User, processing payments, assessing User preference and compatibility aspects. All information collected on the App could be used to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, collect receivables, measure gauge for surveys on User interest in the App, inform User about promotions and offers, detecting fraud and other criminal activity, to enforce Terms and Conditions and other related policies.
By registering with the App and consenting to Terms and Conditions and related policies at the App, User agrees and confirms his/ her consent to providing Delta this information, which is lawful, necessary and permissible. User at all times has the right to withdraw consent by communicating it to Delta or discontinuing use of the App and Services offered by Delta. Upon the User opting outing to withdraw such consent Delta will not be under any obligations to provide the Services nor will it be liable for the Services provided till then.
The information the User provides at the App, may come to Delta through the following sources:
- Log Files. Every time the User visits the App, Delta servers automatically gather information from User browser (such as IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks etc.) to analyze trends, administer the App, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. This information provides an idea of which parts of App the User visits. Log files are not shared externally.
• Web Beacons. “Web beacons” are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize the App for Users and to collect a limited set of information about the visitors to the App. Web beacons could be used in email communications in order to understand the behavior of customers. Web beacons are not linked to any Personally Identifiable Information.
• Mobile Analytics. Mobile analytics software could be used to allow Delta to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on User phone. This software may record information such as how often the User uses the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. This information is not linked to any PII.
- Payment /Purchase Information. To process payment/ purchases, Delta may require User to provide information such as name, address, phone number, aaddhaar card number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process User orders or as otherwise described herein. Delta adheres to strict security guidelines with respect to the storage, possession and handling of such information and protecting it against unauthorized access. It is clarified that Delta does not store User’s credit card information. User transaction on Delta is authorized and being processed by PayU/HDFC payment gateway/any other authorized payment gateway directly without any information passing through Delta. Thus, all information related to credit/ debit card is stored/ held with Our authorized payment gateway. Only information relating to credit/ debit card is stored with Delta for the cases where Users are under auto-renewal for the Account and subscription of Services. Delta, handles the information only in accordance with the provisions of the applicable law as made applicable from time to time and only for the duration lawfully required, thereunder.
- E-mails and Telephone Calls. User e-mail address is required while registering for the Services. e-mails are used for both transactional (e.g., confirmation for registration with the App, credits, notifying of the like-minded people) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new services, special discounts, etc.) purposes.
- Mobile Device. If User has registered any mobile device or uses the mobile device to access the App, then device information will get collected (such as mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system and version information, and IP address.
- Demographic Data. Demographic data could be collected on the App. This data is used to tailor User’s experience at the App, showing content that which might interest them, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
- Online Survey Data. Information may be shared periodically during any voluntary member surveys. Users are encouraged to participate in such surveys as it helps in improving the Services. Survey responses are not linked to personally identifiable information, and all responses are anonymous.
- Information Regarding User Friends. The App encourages Users to refer a friend for the Services by sending a referral link to a friend using the friend’s name and email address and/or phone number as an SMS. This information remains in our database, and such referred person could be sent a one-time e-mail containing User’s name and inviting them to visit the App. Such e-mail will also include instructions on how to remove their information from Delta database. User agrees not to abuse this feature by entering names and addresses of those who would not be interested in the Services.
- Public Forums. Delta has a blogging facility on the App and the blogs on the App may contain posts which are relevant to community, relationships, support, news and other events of interest to the user base and is available to Users and visitors to the App. Any information that is disclosed in the comments section of the blog section becomes public information and User is expected and confirms that the User shall exercise caution when deciding to disclose any PII. To request removal of personal information from any blog, User has to contact Delta. In some cases, Delta may not be able to remove the information from the blog, in which case Delta will inform the User of such inability.
- Use for Research. In addition to the uses outlined above, User agrees to allow Delta to anonymously use the information from User experiences to continue research into successful App usage & new feature development. All responses are kept anonymous, and not published.
- Use for Verification checks. The User is aware that to continue to receive the Services offered at the App, it has to undertake the mandatory verification checks. The User agrees that information provided for the verification check is true and correct and is being provided voluntarily with complete knowledge of the purpose of its use by Delta and its authorized third party expert Service Provider for such verification. The Verification Check is conducted solely for the purpose of providing a richer experience in the Services. The verification process is kept anonymous and confidential and not shared with any third party other than authorized entities of Delta.
Disclosure of Your Information
Disclosure to User’s a like-minded people. For providing the Services Delta will disclose User profile information and verification results to recommended/ suggested a like-minded people for networking. Photos and other profile information posted by User will be available for viewing. Delta could make features available enabling User like-minded people to share User profile information, including photos, with members of their social network(s). User contact information is never shared with User’s a like-minded people.
Disclosure By Law. User acknowledges and agrees that Delta may disclose information User provides if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if in Delta ‘s sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend Delta’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person is threatened; or (4) for investigative purposes.
Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties. Delta may share User’s NPII with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal an identity. Delta may share User PII, sometimes in conjunction with non-Personally Identifiable Information, with service providers that may be associated with Delta. User information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than authorized. In addition, from time to time, Delta may share e-mails, mailing address etc. with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that may be of interest to User. User can at any time change e-mail preferences to not receive such offers.
Search Engine. Some portions of User profile may be available to search engine crawlers and therefore may appear in internet search results, but no PII will be included in such search results.
Information Transferred as a Result of Sale of Business. Delta may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, User Personally Identifiable Information may be one of the transferred and acquired assets.
Links to or Access from Other Sites
Users may be able to access account or content from third party sites, such as social networking sites, by way of various applications. The privacy policies and practices of such sites in connection with information User discloses on such sites may differ from that on the App. User is encouraged to review the policies and practices of these sites to ensure that the privacy of the information User submits on their site does not conflict with and is consistent with how User wishes this information to be treated. Delta is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of any other websites that may provide access to, or be linked to or from, this Site, including that of any social networking sites and third party advertisers whose offerings require User to navigate away from this Site.
User has the right to opt-in or opt-out of any marketing/promotional/newsletter mailings. Upon opting out, provisions of this Terms and Conditions and the related policies will become applicable. However, Delta reserves the right to send service related communication without offering User the facility to opt-out. User can update your account settings and information at any time. At User’s request, Delta can cancel User registration and remove/block PII from its database. However, this information may remain in archives even after deletion or termination of User account as required by law and the handling of the same is in accordance with the provisions of the applicable law and as intimated by the government agency from time to time.
Delta follows stringent security techniques and requirements for handling sensitive and personal information. These techniques and requirements are fully compliant with the guidelines set forth under law. Delta servers are accessible only to authorized personnel. User information logged under the Terms and Conditions is shared with respective personnel only on need to know basis and/ or for the purpose of completing a transaction and/ or to providing Services. All representatives handling information under these provisions are under contractual confidentiality obligation with Delta. While, Delta takes every step to safeguard the confidentiality of User personal information, by using the Site, User agrees and confirms that Delta is not liable for any disclosure due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Making User Experience Safe At Delta
At Delta, we’re here to help you with awesome like-minded persons. That’s why we take certain steps to keep the environment safe! Every profile is thoroughly vetted as you can see in the Trust Score, however, we do suggest you keep these safety tips in mind:
DO NOT believe any stories for need of money particularly someone who asks for money, goods or anything similar.
Be super careful of people who ask you to assist/ support or engage in any manner with personal transactions (depositing money, transporting something etc.)
If someone asks inappropriate questions, ‘Report’ the profile to us and we’ll take action. Do email your concerns to: email@example.com.
Please be careful of someone who requests for your home or work address under the pretext of sending flowers or gifts, or any other purpose and particularly when you don’t feel ready to share the same.
If a like-minded person shares a suspicious clickable link with you, it’s best you DO NOT visit the site.
If you choose to meet someone you have been introduced to on Delta, we recommend you meet at a public space rather than a private space, home or any other area with no one else around.
Protect your identity.
You should be very careful in posting your full name, phone number, email address or other sensitive personal information (including bank account details) in your profile. Delta does not show your name or contact details to any other User unless you give consent, ie, match with that user.
Don’t believe everything you see.
A photo can’t always be trusted; the person may have taken someone else’s photo or found one somewhere. Also, keep in mind that the photo that person sent you may be outdated, edited or retouched. At Delta, we do our best to ensure pictures are verified & real.
Don’t rush into things.
You should not share your location and other details under any pressure. You should share these information only when you are fully sure about it.
Honesty is the best policy.
We believe that Delta thrives on honest representations of the User. Please be aware that deliberately wrong and/or misleading representation may lead to violation of the law of the land.
Report any attacks or threats to Delta & law enforcement.
If things go wrong, report it to us immediately. Give us all the facts. If you do not report this person, he/she in all likelihood will do it again to someone else. You always have the right to say “no” and have it respected.